Westfield Parish Council are looking for a councillor who is capable, committed and engaged – from all backgrounds and experiences to reflect Westfield.
What are the benefits for you?
Being a councillor is highly rewarding. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge impact to the quality of life of people in your local area and to influence the way issues are dealt with locally.
Why should you become a councillor?
- To make a difference and shape the future of the local community
- Concern about your local area and wanting to ensure the community gets the right services
- To represent the views of local people and ensure that the community interests are taken into account
- Having good ideas for the council and community in a time of scarce resources
- To contribute your skills
- It can be a career enhancing activity, allowing you to develop leadership and analytical skills
We understand that time is limited for most people, so your commitment to the role can change and develop over time. But as a minimum you would need to attend at least one meeting per month.
If you would like to be co-opted to the Councillor vacancy on Westfield Parish Council, please write a short letter outlining your background and why you would like to be co-opted to the role. Please send it to the Parish Clerk, Westfield Parish Council, The Oval Office, Cobblers Way, Westfield BA3 3BX or email email@example.com. The deadline is 31st August 2022.