Roll of Honour
- 2018 – Mr John Reynolds
- 2019 – Mr Martin Bates
- 2020 – Ms Catherine Cooper
- 2021 – Mrs Debbie Maggs, Mr Nigel Swift and Mr Mike Chivers
The Westfield Inspirational Citizen Award 2022
Whether it is gritting the pavements, watering the flower displays, helping at the allotment site or singing at the Christmas Lights Switch On, Westfield has a proud history of public spirited residents.
To foster our community spirit, the Westfield Inspirational Citizen Award recognises the achievements of the extraordinary people who voluntarily and selflessly improve the lives of those around them. In giving the Award, we recognise that these people are an inspiration to us all.
The first recipient of the award was John Reynolds of Westfield TT for his tireless encouragement of anyone who wanted to take up running to improve their health or fitness and for promoting Westfield around the country in different events. 2019 saw Martin Bates of Westfield Allotment Group win the award for his continuing work over many years in making sure the allotments are accessible to all residents, supporting Westfield Fun Day, Britain in Bloom and WAGS’ own open day in the summer and always being on hand to offer support and advice. In 2020 it was Catherine Cooper for her amazing work with Terracycle and in 2021 there were no fewer than 3 recipients of the award – Mrs Debbie Maggs, Mr Nigel Swift and Mr Mike Chivers, all of whom worked tirelessly to make Westfield a better place during lockdown.
Do you know someone whose service to the community should be recognised? Someone whose voluntary work has made a difference in our parish? If so, please complete the straightforward one page nomination form found below or call us on 01761 410669 for a copy.
Nomination forms should be received by 25th February 2022 and the Award will be presented at the Annual Parish Meeting in March, covid allowing.
- Nomination forms should be returned to the Parish Council – email us – or at The Oval Office, Cobblers Way, Westfield BA3 3BX
- Nominations can be made by any individual, of any age
- Nominations can be made for any individual, of any age, resident in Westfield
- The closing date for nominations is Friday 25th February 2022
- The successful award winner will be decided by Westfield Parish Council
- Westfield Parish Council reserves the right to not make an Award, at its discretion
- The Award will be made at the Annual Parish Meeting
- The award winner will receive a certificate
- The names of those receiving the Award will be recorded in an online roll of honour at www.westfieldparishcouncil.co.uk