SAVE THE DATE!
The Christmas lights switch on event will be on Thursday November 30th, beginning at 6:30pm at the Christmas tree at the top of Elm Tree Avenue
Watch this space
SOMER VALLEY TRANSPORT STRATEGY
Currently being undertaken is a transport strategy for the Somer Valley, in which Westfield features strongly.
This is a draft plan and BaNES would like comments or views from residents to finalise the strategy.
The closing date for comments is 30th November and there is a drop in event at Midsomer Norton Town Hall on Wednesday 25th October from 3pm to 8pm
You are also invited to comment on the strategy by completing a Short Questionnaire. The feedback will contribute to the final version of the strategy. A copy of the draft report and technical document can be found below:
Somer Valley Transport Strategy – Technical supporting report
TRASH OR TREASURE?
Bring your vintage, antique, old items along to a valuation day at The Somer Centre, Midsomer Norton Saturday 21st October 10-4pm £1 per item valued. National experts will be on hand to tell you about your objects and give you an auction estimate of their value.
REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE ALL DAY including home made cakes.
Should you wish to sell your objects, though the auction rooms, Killens have generously offered to donate the seller’s commission to Radstock Museum.
If you bring a set of something eg: a tea set, that will be viewed as one item and will cost just £1 for a valuation
There will also be an antiques quiz to take part in if you choose with some lovely old objects to look at.
Have a look in the loft and see if you can dig out any treasure!
EXTERNAL AUDIT FOR 2016-17 COMPLETE
OUTDOOR PLAY SESSIONS IN WESTFIELD
THE HISTORY OF WESTFIELD EXHIBITION
HALF TERM IN BANES
Museums in Bath and North East Somerset will host an array of special events and activities this October half-term as part of Museums Week (21-29 October 2017).
Organised by Bath & North East Somerset Council, Museums Week celebrates the unique collections and activities in our local museums. All activities are free for local residents with a Discovery Card.
Councillor Paul Myers (Conservative Midsomer Norton Redfield) Cabinet Member for Economic and Community Regeneration, said: “There will be something for everyone, from children’s craft sessions to guided tours, film showings to food tastings. It’s great news that local residents can enjoy all of these events for free with a Discovery Card.”
There will be more than 100 activities taking place across 23 venues during the nine-day celebration.
• Discover 800 years of history at the Mayor’s Parlour and see Bath’s Royal Charters, gold, silver and sword
• Look at fancy dress from the 1920s at the Fashion Museum Bath, and make a colourful headdress
• Make a Roman actor’s mask at the Roman Baths
• Create pictures using oil pastels and find out about complementary colours and how they work at the Victoria Art Gallery
• Join a family-friendly tour of the floor at Bath Abbey and learn about the 1,500+ memorials and the lives of the people they commemorate
• Experience what life was like for Victorian children at the Radstock Museum
• Watch the Forged Line Dance Company bring the story of William and Caroline Herschel to life at the Herschel Museum of Astronomy
• Take a tour of Beckford’s Tower and Lansdown Cemetery, which was once Beckford’s garden
• Enjoy daily bun tastings at Sally Lunn’s
• Follow the clues on the Children’s Trail and collect stickers at each museum
For full event listings please visit www.bathmuseumsweek.co.uk.
For information about Discovery Cards visit www.bathnes.gov.uk/discoverycard
LET’S BE SUGAR SMART IN WESTFIELD
Bath and North East Somerset wants to hear local people’s views on its new Sugar Smart campaign.
The council has teamed up with local organisations Sustainable Food Cities and the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation to help get the Sugar Smart message across.
The campaign aims to address obesity, poor oral health and diabetes by helping people to recognise how much sugar is in their food and drink as well as supporting people to make healthy choices.
Residents are being asked for their views to inform the campaign by taking part in a survey with the chance to win prizes, including tickets to a Bath City football match, 1 month gym membership with Better Leisure, a Riverford Organic veg box and many more.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Parish Council is delighted to announce we have a Twitter address and are now able to communicate with even more residents and businesses in Westfield.
Our Twitter address is @westfield_pc
We look forward to hearing from you!